About the Recipe
1/2 head cauliflower
1 medium onions
1/2 head garlic (about 3-4 cloves)
1 1/2 large potatoes
1 1/2 parsnips
1 pints vegetable stock
juice of 1 lemon
salt and pepper
Milk to adjust consistency
Optional - smoked paprika / cumin / harissa / pesto
1. Heat pan of water. Peel and chop potatoes, parboil for 10 minutes.
2. Peel onions and slice into rounds. Peel garlic cloves and crush. Gently fry onions
and garlic until softened (3-5 mins).
3. Cut up cauliflower into bite-sized chunks and add to onions and garlic, fry for 5-7
minutes, season with salt and pepper.
4. Drain potatoes, put back in pot with fried veg, juice of 1 lemon, add 2 pints of veg
stock, simmer for 12 minutes.
5. Blend soup, adjust consistency with milk.
6. Serve with crusty bread (warmed if preferred)
Optional: For each bowl of soup, combine 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil with 1/4 tsp. of
spice, pesto or harissa and drizzle as a garnish (the spice or pesto mix cuts through
the mellow richness of the soup).